Introducing SimMan 3G PLUS
Advancing the world’s most trusted patient simulator
Built on decades of expertise, SimMan 3G PLUS offers a fully immersive simulation experience with heightened realism.
Designed to represent a diverse range of patient scenarios to help prepare learners for real-world situations, SimMan 3G PLUS introduces interchangeable face skins for diversity training and full articulation for realistic patient handling. Now you can also train with real clinical devices, in compliance with current guidelines.
Training individually or in a team, learners can practice critical skills such as decision-making, team communication, and patient care. With this improved and realistic feature set, learners encounter complex medical cases all in a risk-free environment. SimMan 3G PLUS ensures that when it’s real, they’ll be ready.
New Features for SimMan 3G PLUS
Interchangeable face skins
Add diversity and inclusion training to your simulation. Easily change the appearance of your simulator for added realism.
Fully articulating arms
Realistic patient handling and added bilateral features offer the capability to train ALS and ACLS scenarios.
Non-invasive blood pressure
Use a standard clinical monitor for accurate BP measurement. 3G PLUS also has improved pulses.
Measure oxygen saturation levels with the same pulse oximeter used on a real patient. No extra equipment necessary for SpO2 monitoring.
Humeral IO and Deltoid IM
Deliver intramuscular or intraosseous medications with real devices and fluids.
Flexible defibrillation options allow your learners to train with real pads or paddles using a live defibrillator.
Knowledge for a lifetime
Made for immersive training
Use SimMan 3G PLUS as the cornerstone of your simulation training. Research has proven that high-fidelity simulation training boosts knowledge retention, decision-making skills, and team performance.
Integrate diversity and inclusion in your clinical training with interchangeable face skins. Easily switch patient appearance according to your training scenario.
Use real clinical devices
Make simulation training as seamless as possible using your own equipment, from blood pressure measurement to defibrillation.
Realistic patient handling
Treat SimMan as you would treat any patient. Realistic weight and articulation, palpable skin and anatomical landmarks.
Transform your training
Repeat, deliberate practice
Use the same scenario for all your learners to streamline education and train to perfection.
Make use of bi-lateral features and humeral IO to train in compliance with current standards and guidelines.
Expert validated scenarios
Easily connect SimMan with Laerdal Scenario Cloud where you can choose from curated scenarios made by experts in their fields. You can also modify scenarios to match local guidelines or training needs.
Train anywhere, anytime
Utilize Laerdal’s extensive simulation eco system of software, tablets, and equipment to conduct training in any environment.
Stable Wireless Connectivity
SimMan 3G PLUS comes equipped with seamless network connectivity capability to ensure you run uninterrupted simulation sessions with confidence.
- Completely wireless and self-contained
- Internal electrical and pneumatic power
- Supplemental wired connectivity and power
- Wirelessly integrates with existing computer networks
- Swappable, rechargeable batteries
- Approximately 4 hours continuous operation in wireless mode
- Rugged and reliable for use in multiple environments
Multiple Airway Skills/Features:
- Controllable open/closed airway; automatically or manually controlled
- Head tilt/Chin lift
- Jaw thrust w/articulated jaw
- Suctioning (Oral & Nasopharyngeal)
- Bag-mask ventilation
- Orotracheal intubation
- Nasotracheal intubation
- Combitube, LMA, and other airway placement
- Endotracheal tube intubation
- Retrograde intubation
- Fiberoptic intubation
- Transtracheal jet ventilation
- Needle cricothyrotomy
- Surgical cricothyrotomy
- Variable lung compliance (4 settings)
- Variable airway resistance (4 settings)
- Right main stem intubation
- Stomach distention
- Detection of proper head position
- Can’t intubate/Can ventilate
- Can’t intubate/Can’t ventilate
- Tongue edema
- Pharyngeal swelling
- Decreased cervical range of motion
- Simulated spontaneous breathing
- Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
- CO2 exhalation
- Normal and abnormal breath sounds (5 anterior auscultation sites, 6 posterior auscultation sites)
- Oxygen saturation and waveform
- Needle thoracentesis - bi-lateral
- Unilateral & Bilateral chest movement
- Unilateral, Bilateral & lobar breath sounds
- Chest tube insertion - bilateral
- Extensive ECG library
- Heart sounds - four anterior locations
- ECG rhythm monitoring (4 wire)
- 12 lead ECG display
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Oscillometric BP measurement
- Carotid, femoral, brachial, radial, dorsalis pedis, popliteal and posterior tibialis pulses synchronized with ECG
- Pulse strength variable with BP
- Pulse Palpation is detected & logged
- Bilateral IV access
- Bilateral humeral IO access
- Intraosseous access (tibia)
- Bilateral deltoid IM
- Compliant with 2020 Guidelines
- CPR compressions generate palpable pulses, blood pressure wave form, and ECG artefacts
- Realistic compression depth and resistance
- Detection of depth, release and frequency of compressions
- Real time feedback on quality of CPR
- Blinking - slow, normal, fast and winks
- Open, closed and partially open
- Pupillary accommodation:
- normal and sluggish speed of response
- Simulation of bleeding at multiple sites
- Arterial and venous
- Vital signs automatically respond to blood loss & therapy
- Works with various wound modules & moulage kits
- Urine output (variable)
- Foley catheterization
- Eyes, Ears
- Blood, Mucous, CSF, etc.
- Bowel Sounds - four quadrants
- Patient Voice
- Pre-recorded sounds
- Custom sounds
- Instructor can simulate patient’s voice wirelessly
- Instructor Communication
- Multiple instructors communicate using integrated voice over IP
- Articulating arms
- SpO2 measurement bilateral
- Interchangeable head skins
- Extensive drug formulary
- Automatic or programmable physiological responses
- Control multiple manikins from one interface
- Control simulations from anywhere on your network
- Multiple interfaces can control/observe a single simulation
- Manual Mode
- Precise control “on the fly”
- Design & program custom scenarios
- Create custom events
- Run pre-packaged scenarios
- Automatic Mode
- Physiological & pharmacological models run pre-packaged simulations
- Unique, simple controls increase/decrease difficulty & pace
- Simulation controls:
- Fast forward
- Profile Editor
- Future prediction & patient outcome display
- Integrated video debriefing
- Data logging
- Instructor comments
- Highly configurable
- ECG (2 traces)
- Anesthetic Agent
- Cardiac Output
- Temperature (core & peripheral)
- Additional and programmable parameters
- X-Ray Display
- 12 Lead ECG Display
- Custom Image Display
- Custom Video Display