Nursing Baby is designed for scenario-based training of the care and management of a variety of patient assessments: IV and IO skills, fontanel assessment, urinary catheterization and general pediatric care.
Effective Simulation-based Training
Utilizing Nursing Baby for simulation-based training allows healthcare providers to improve communication, refine critical thinking skills, and clinical training in core pediatric in-hospital clinical skills.
Realistic Newborn Traits
Designed to meet the learning objectives for infant care, Nursing Baby helps facilitate delivery of consistent simulation, enabling instructors to easily integrate simulation in their assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and general pediatric patient care.
Nursing Baby features:
Effective education in the special care of infant patients designed for training professionals in the practice of basic and advanced nursing techniques.
Offers a wide variety of patient features that can be simulated to enhance skill techniques and learning: Trach care and suctioning (oral and nasal), NG and OG tube insertion, Intraosseous puncture and infusion, Intramuscular injection site identification, urinary catheterization, Auscultation of normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds, Gastrostomy tube care and feeding, vocal sound identification.
Making Simulation Easier with the SimPad PLUS System
SimPad PLUS System features:
- Handheld, intuitive touch screen remote for easy 'pick up and play' experience
- Operate on-the-fly or utilize Scenarios and Themes for consistent simulation training
- Optimal data capture for quality debriefing
- Mobile - teach anywhere
- Optional patient monitor provides clinical realism
Nursing Baby SimPad Capable Includes:
Full-body Infant Manikin, 3 Simulated Rectal Suppositories, Manikin Lubricant, Baby Pants, Carry Case and Directions for Use.
SimPad PLUS System (204-30001) and LLEAP for SimPad PLUS software (204-50150) required for operation.
Nursing Baby SimPad® Capable (pn 365-05050)is designed for simulation and practice of a range of infant patient care procedures. Nursing Baby with SimPad Sounds Technology allowing for auscultation and recognition of normal and abnormal heart, breath, bowel and vocal sounds.
Nursing Baby is available in Light, Tan, and Brown skin tones.
- Irrigation of the eye and ear (simulated)
- Nasal packing
- Ear, eye, nose and mouth care
- Tracheostomy care and tracheal suctioning
- NG tube insertion, care and removal
- Gastrostomy tube care and feedings possible
- Various oxygen delivery procedures
- Bilateral thigh and deltoid intramuscular injections
- Full range of motion for realistic patient handling
- Facilitates administration of rectal suppositories
- Ileostomy stoma care
- Insertion, securing and care of endotracheal tubes
- Insertion and suctioning of oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airways
- Facilitates practice of height and weight measurement and physical exam
- Variable Fontanelles
- Interchangeable male and female genitalia with urinary reservoir
- Complete urinary catheterization
- Will retain indwelling or straight catheter
- Articulating IV arm with replaceable skin and infusible vein system allows peripheral intravenous therapy and site care
- Venipuncture possible in the antecubital fossa and dorsum of the hand
- Articulating IV leg with skin and veins
- Venipuncture possible in the medial and lateral malleolus sites
- Articulating, infusible IO leg with replaceable mandrel and skin
- Simulated tibia and landmarks at the tibial tuberosity and medial malleolus
- Heel drain will connect to reservoir for infusion exercises
Sounds - SimPad PLUS System (Required for operation - sold separately)
- Lung sounds synchronized with breathing rate, 0 - 60 BPM
- Individual lung or bilateral sound selection
- Normal and abnormal bowel sounds
- Heart sounds available
- Pre-recorded vocal sounds or live vocal feed via microphone
Patient Monitor (Optional)
- Touchscreen simulated patient monitors provides concise clinical feedback for physiological parameters.
- The monitors color screen is configurable and provides multiple simulated parameters, each presenting multi-level alarms.
- Simulated parameters include HR, ECG, SpO2, BP, RR, Temperature, and etCO2.