Knot Tying Trainer
- Light and compact
- Cylinders are transparent to allow the trainer to observe and assess trainee competence
- Unique magnetic system to represent tissue strength
- Parallel knotting tubes are elastic for a realistic tissue response
2 perioperative openings represented by:
- Small, shallow fixed cylinder for tying in a small opening
- Large, deep removable cylinder, reversible for angled abdominal and gynecological depth tying
- One-handed reef knot technique
- Instrument tie
- Surgeon’s knot
- Slip knot
- Tying in a small opening
- Tying at depth vertically in a large opening
- Tying at depth, at an angle, in a large opening
Ceiling effect in technical skills of surgical residents.
Munz, Y. M., K .; Bann,S.; Shah,J.; Ivanova, S.; Darzi, S. (2004). "Ceiling effect in technical skills of surgical residents." The American Journal of Surgery 188(3): 294-300.
A Cost-Effective Proficiency-Based Knot-Tying and Suturing Curriculum for Residency Programs.
Scott, D. J. G., Mouza T.; Tesfay, Seifu T. (2007). "A Cost-Effective Proficiency-Based Knot-Tying and Suturing Curriculum for Residency Programs." The Journal of surgical research 141(1): 7-15.